- [from jashmenn] Matt Blodgett’s Dev Blog: Corollaries to Blodgett’s First Law – Fantastic and short. Some excerpts:
* Great developers feel a moral obligation to eliminate tedium.
* Prefer unit tests over comments.
- [from jashmenn] Exception Handling in Software Development – If doing things “The wrong way” is common practice on your team, it isn’t exceptional: It’s business as usual.
- [from hislave] Chapter 15. User Rights and Privileges – Samba windows PDC rights management
- [from jashmenn] processing physics test – a really awesome example of the power of Processing
- [from hislave] xen users manual – Looks like a great howto for Xen, although, it might be an older version
- [from jashmenn] Giles Bowkett: Make ActionView::Helpers Available To Models And Controllers – Good use of bending the MVC pattern in Rails. Interesting that I just posted about doing something similar yesterday by rendering whole pages from a helper.
- [from jashmenn] rails ec2 amazon appliance – I wonder who is using this and what kind of success they've had.
Bookmarks for February 20th
By Nate Murray | Published: February 21, 2008